Nail and skin conditions of the feet and ankles can be more than just cosmetic concerns. In addition to being unsightly and embarrassing, they can often be painful, frustrating, and may even increase your risk of further infections or complications.
Skin and nail problems are worth getting checked out, especially if they are bothering you. Dr. Thomas J. Bobrowski and the staff at InStride Crystal Coast Podiatry can provide quick, effective, and gentle care to restore the health and appearance of your feet.
Simple Skin and Nail Care Tips
As stated, it is important to contact us if you have a problem with your skin and nails. However, preventing them in the first place is even better! Practice the following foot care tips to reduce the risk of developing a skin or nail problem:
- Wash your feet daily with mild soap and warm water.
- Choose socks and shoes made from comfortable, breathable materials.
- Always make sure your shoes and socks fit properly and are appropriate for your activities.
- Rotate pairs of shoes each day so that each pair can fully dry between uses. If necessary, consider using a shoe dryer or antifungal powders or sprays.
- Avoid excessively long or hot showers, as they can dry out your skin.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Avoid walking barefoot in public spaces, such as locker rooms or pool decks.
- Do not share unwashed towels, footwear, or nail care tools with anyone else.
And of course, if you do have any problems, just give the team at InStride Crystal Coast Podiatry a call at (252) 638-4700. Or, if you would prefer, you can get in touch with us using the contact form on this website.